The VSC®40 range of instruments are designed for the examination of security features on passports, banknotes, identity cards and a wide range of breeder documents. The unique modular design of the VSC®40 allows you to select and configure a document examination system to your specific requirements. An operational system is constructed from the VSC®40 (basic unit) with light sources, software, hardware, databases and decoders added as required.
The VSC®40 system will enable you to examine*:
– UV activated fluorescent features and fibres
– Infrared activated anti-Stokes fluorescent features
– Watermarks and metallic strips
– Variations in the infrared absorption and reflectance of inks and ‘IR drop out’ inks
– Retro-reflective images
– Variations in the infrared luminescence of inks
– DOVDs, holograms and kinegrams
– Surface features such as embossed stamps, intaglio printing and paper texture using oblique lighting
– Paper quality, by assessing the level of paper fluorescence
– Print quality, using high magnification up to x43 (approximate, on-screen)
– ICAO coded data
– Invisibly embedded information (IPI)
*Examination capabilities are dependent on the VSC®40 model, camera module and light sources.