The VSC 400 is a more compact instrument than the VSC6000 but includes most of the same functions except the spectrometer. The instrument can be operated from a PC or a laptop and can be supplied with an optional transportation case.
VSC 400 provides facilities for examining:
– UV activated luminescent features under short, medium and long wave UV.
– Tampering and photo-substitution under high magnification.
– Anti-Stokes security features using intense IR lighting.
– Retro-reflective features with coaxial lighting.
– Embossed stamps under oblique lighting.
– Holograms using sequential multi-angled lighting.
– Watermarks using transmitted lighting.
– Suspected alterations using differential infrared absorption and luminescence properties of inks.
– ICAO coded data reader.