Microscopic, traceable, and virtually indestructible; ‘taggants’ are possibly the most versatile and powerful covert anti-counterfeit technology currently available and are fast becoming an integral part of the high security document printing process.
Using the DVM it is possible to detect and examine the latest generation of micro-taggants incorporated into inks and coatings on passports, ID cards, cheques, bank giros, travel tickets and other security documents.
Comprising a high specification microscope, 14 Bit CCD colour Firewire camera, two high intensity LED light sources (White and UV), darkfield ringlight and a transmitted white light XY stage, the DVM microscope can be used as a PC driven standalone instrument complete with dedicated software package featuring full image processing functions and camera control, with image measurement and annotation, or integrated with a VSC system to create a complete document examination workstation.
– Locate & Visualise Taggants in security documents and commonly counterfeited items
– Examine in microscopic detail taggants smaller than 20 microns
– Integrate with VSC Suzite combine with the VSC6000/HS to access powerful examination facilities
– x35 to x7000 magnification dependent upon choice of objective
– Three modes of illumination Co-axial, darkfield ringlight, and rotating directional side light.